SCORE: Wheaton 53 - Babson 82
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-8, 2-5 NEWMAC) - Babson (12-2, 6-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Babson Park, Mass. (Staake Gymnasium)
- The Wheaton College women's basketball team returned to the court on Thursday night where they fell short to the Beaver's of Babson College to a scoreline of 82-53.
- Wheaton was led by forward Mikayla Pucci and guard Sara McLeman who each contributed nine points apiece. Pucci shot 3-for-4 from the line and picked up three rebounds and a block while McLeman shot 3-6 from the floor and tied for a team-high six boards.
- Sadie Shore followed up with a six-point performance from the bench and contributed with a team-high six rebounds while first-year Mia Len tied for a game-high four assists.
- Babson was led by senior Payton Ouimette who recorded her 10th double-double of the season with a game-high 17 points and also a game-high 13 rebounds.
- Babson's strong first half push would be the deciding factor in tonight's game. The Beavers started the scoring off by converting a layup at 9:25. From there, they continued to press the Lyons over the course of the first half, shooting 44.4 percent overall while also making eight of their nine three-pointers in the first frame.
- The Lyons battled in the second half of the game, outscoring Babson 14-12 in the third quarter and 16-14 in the final frame, but it wouldn't be enough to catch the Beaver's early lead.
- With this win, Babson continues their undefeated streak of 10 games, while Wheaton falls to 6-8 overall and 2-5 in conference.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 19-56 / Babson 30-81
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 4-17 / Babson 9-30
- Free Throw: Wheaton 11-13 / Babson 13-24
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 14 / Babson 21
- Rebounds: Wheaton 35 / Babson 59
- Assists: Wheaton 12 / Babson 15
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to the road on Saturday, Jan. 12, where they will take on the Cougars of Clark University at 1:00 p.m.