SCORE: Wheaton 51 - Emerson 60
RECORDS: Wheaton (8-10, 3-7 NEWMAC) - Emerson (11-7, 5-4 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
- The Wheaton College women's basketball team hit the court on Wednesday night where they fell to the Lions of Emerson College to a scoreline of 60-51.
- Sophomore Mikayla Pucci led all with 17 points, shooting 8-for-13 from the floor while picking up six rebounds. Ashley Hill followed up with a 10 point performance from the bench and Abby Hamilton contributed with five assists.
- Sophomore Rachel Davey led Emerson from the bench with a team-high and season-high 16 points, shooting 5-11 from the floor and 3-9 from behind the arc. Charlie Boyle followed up with 14 points, shooting 6-8 from inside the paint.
- Wheaton hit the court running, shooting perfect in their first four attempts to put them ahead 10-1. The two sides traded points after Wheaton's run, but the Lions of Emerson found their momentum in the remaining minutes of the quarter, going on a 7-1 run take the lead (14-13).
- Hill scored five out of her ten total points to help the Lyons take the second quarter (12-9), but Emerson answered with an 18 point performance in the third to push them past the Lyons by just two points (41-39).
- Wheaton was able to put up eight points in the last five minutes of the game, but Emerson managed to hold onto their lead they gained in the middle of the frame, holding out to beat the Lyons 60-51.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 19-52 / Emerson 20-63
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 6-23 / Emerson 6-31
- Free Throw: Wheaton 7-10 / Emerson 14-18
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 12 / Emerson 15
- Rebounds: Wheaton 34 / Emerson 47
- Assists: Wheaton 11 / Emerson 14
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home on Saturday, Jan. 26 where they will host the Pride of Springfield College at 1:00 p.m.