SCORE: Wheaton 65 - Albright 83
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-2) - Albright (3-0)
LOCATION: Union, N.J.
- Despite a tightly contested opening half, the Wheaton College women's basketball team opened the Kean U Tournament with an 83-65 loss to Albright.
- Juinor Mikayla Pucci ended the contest with a team-high 17 points and six rounds. Sophomore Alexis Romer also finished in double-figures, contributing 11 points, while first-year Bri Forbes knocked down nine points.
- Albright struck first, running up a 27-22 lead after the first quarter, but Wheaton battled back, winning the second quarter, outscoring the Lions 21-14 to take a slim lead into the intermission.
- The third quarter started off tightly contested with both sides trading baskets. With 3:59 to go in the quarter Albright tied the game at 54-54 before taking the lead for good moments later on a made layup.
- The fourth quarter saw Albright open on a 14-2 run that secured the win.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 23-60 / Albright 27-53
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 8-24 / Albright 10-22
- Free Throw: Wheaton 11-16 / Albright 19-29
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 6 / Albright 15
- Rebounds: Wheaton 30 / Albright 37
- Assists: Wheaton 19 / Albright 22
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to the Kean U Tournament play the loser of the Kean/Lancaster Bible game in the consolation game at 12 p.m. VIDEO / LIVE STATS