SCORE: Wheaton 83 - Lancaster Bible 63
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-2) - Lancaster Bible (0-3)
LOCATION: Union, N.J.
- The Wheaton College women's basketball team wrapped up the Kean U Tournament with an 83-63 win over Landcaster Bible Saturday afternoon.
- For her work throughout the tournament, junior Mikayla Pucci was named to the all-tournament team. Pucci ended the LBU contest with her second double-double of the year, knocking down 12 points while pulling down 10 rebounds.
- First-year Bri Forbes ended the contest with a team-high 15 points, while Sadie Shore finished with 14, and first-year Arianna Fabiani chipped in 13 points off the bench.
- The first-half saw Wheaton come out with a slim 20-16 advantage, paced by six points from Forbes and four from Natalie Wind and Sara McLeman.
- Wheaton began to pull away in the second quarter, taking the team's first 10+ point lead with 5:43 remaining in the half on a Brooke Harvey layup.
- Leading 47-34 at the intermission, the Lyons continued to push the tempo in the third quarter taking their largest lead with less than a minute remaining when Shore put away a layup with an assist from Alexis Romer.
- The final quarter saw both net 19 points, allowing the Lyons to walk away with the win.
"I'm so proud of our group for coming away with a total team win today. So many contributions from different people on both ends of the floor. I thought we moved and shared the ball extremely well and that was highlighted by our 20 assists and 30 bench points!"
- Field Goals: Wheaton 26-67 / LBC 24-64
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 11-27 / LBC 7-24
- Free Throw: Wheaton 20-29 / LBC 8-11
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 12 / LBC 11
- Rebounds: 48 / LBC 36
- Assists: Wheaton 20 / LBC 19
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. with a contest at New Hampshire. VIDEO / LIVE STATS