Posted: Nov 20, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 44 - New Hampshire 89
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-3) - UNH (2-3)
LOCATION: Durham, N.H.
- The Wheaton College women's basketball team traveled to the University of New Hampshire Wednesday evening, falling to the NCAA Division I opponent 89-44.
- Wheaton was paced by a team-high 15 points off the bench from Carli Koffinke who finished 5-of-8 from the floor with all five of her made baskets coming from three-point range. Mikayla Pucci netted 12 points for Wheaton while pulling down a team-high nine rebounds in the effort.
- First-year Bri Forbes came up with two steals during the course of the contest, while Sadie Shore picked up a block.
- After a sluggish first half of action, the Lyons picked things up in the second half, particularly the fourth quarter.
- Wheaton was strong off the glass, pulling down 37 rebounds while putting away six second-chance points. The bench also contributed to the efforts, netting 23 of the team's 44 points.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 14-61 / UNH 34-69
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 7-23 / UNH 7-28
- Free Throw: Wheaton 9-13 / UNH 14-19
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 5 / UNH 32
- Rebounds: Wheaton 37 / UNH 49
- Assists: Wheaton 10 / UNH 23
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Saturday, Nov. 23 at home against RPI for a 1 p.m tip-off. VIDEO / LIVE STATS