Posted: Dec 07, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 62 - Rochester 86
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-6) - Rochester (5-4)
LOCATION: Williamstown, Mass.
- In the final game of the Williams Tournament, the Wheaton College women's basketball team fell to Rochester (N.Y.) 86-62.
- Wheaton picked up 11 points off the bench from first-year Brooke Harvey, while junior Mikayla Pucci led the team with 16 points and game-high seven rebounds. First-year Bri Forbes netted 14 points in the loss.
- Hannah Lindemuth led all players with 24 points off the bench for Rochester in 21 minutes of action.
- With the game tied at 6-6 in the opening quarter, Rochester began to pull away putting up 33 points in the frame compared to the Lyons 16.
- The Yellowjackets took a 52-27 lead into halftime, but the Lyons pushed back in the second half of action, outscoring Rochester 20-10 in the fourth quarter, but it would not be enough to capture the come from behind victory.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 23-61 / Rochester 31-63
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 6-25 / Rochester 13-32
- Free Throw: Wheaton 10-16 / Rochester 11-11
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 12 / Rochester 15
- Rebounds: Wheaton 32 / Rochester 44
- Assists: Wheaton 9 / Rochester 22
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Jan. 4 at 1 p.m. in Emerson Gymnasium against Fisher. VIDEO / LIVE STATS