SCORE: Wheaton 47 - No. 1 Tufts 91
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-8) - Tufts (13-0)
LOCATION: Medford, Mass. (Cousens Gym)
- The Wheaton College women's basketball team traveled to the top-ranked team in the country Wednesday night, with the Lyons falling 91-47 to Tufts in Cousens Gym.
- The Lyons were led by a team-high 16 points from junior Mikayla Pucci who made 5-of-10 from the floor while draining six of her eight free-throw attempts. Natalie Wind chipped in eight points in the effort, while first-year Brooke Harvey finished with six points off the bench. Sadie Shore led the team with seven rebounds.
- Tufts was led by junior Emily Briggs with 19 points. Angela Alibrandi led all players with nine boards.
- Tufts took the lead just seconds into the first quarter and did not trail in the game. Wheaton was within 14-12 following a lay-up by Bri Forbes at the four-minute mark of the first. However, the Jumbos put together a run that allowed them to take an 11 point (25-14) lead to end the quarter.
- A jumper by Shore in the second quarter made it 34-21 Jumbos with six minutes to play until halftime. However, the Jumbos took a 52-25 advantage into the intermission and would be up by at least 24 points the rest of the way.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 17-55 / Tufts 37-69
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 2-12 / Tufts 7-20
- Free Throw: Wheaton 11-16 / Tufts 10-15
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 9 / Tufts 18
- Rebounds: Wheaton 29 / Tufts 47
- Assists: Wheaton 7 / Tufts 26
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to the court on Tuesday, Jan. 14 at Connecticut College for a 7 p.m. contest. VIDEO / LIVE STATS