SCORE: Wheaton 50 - Wellesley 60
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-11, 1-3 NEWMAC) - Springfield (12-4, 4-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Wellesley, MA (Dorothy Towne Fieldhouse)
- Wheaton traveled to Wellesley and fell short against the Blue 50-60.
- The Lyons jumped out to a 4-0 lead to start the game with buckets from Mikayla Pucci and Bri Forbes.
- Shortly after Forbes hit two three-pointers to extened the Lyons lead 12-5 with 4:12 reminaing in the first quarter.
- Senior Natalie Wind hit a three with 31 seconds remaining in the first quarter to give Wheaton a 17-13 lead going into the second quarter.
- Sadie Shore finished off a three point play at the line to start the second quarter extending the Lyon's lead to seven.
- A Forbes made jump shot helped the Lyons take a 29-26 lead going into halftime.
- Wellesley went on a 12-0 run to start the third quarter taking a 9 point lead with 4:01 remaining.
- Pucci sunk her free throw to complete a three point play late in the third quarter to make it 35-44 going into the fourth.
- Two made free throws from Shore made it 49-42 in favor of the Blue with 6:08 remaining in the game.
- Wellesley always had an answer down the stretch as Wheaton battled until the end, ulimately the Lyons fell to Wellesley 50-60.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Pucci had a solid statline of 12 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 assists.
- Forbes was also a big contributer adding 12 points.
- Alyssa Cho had a game high 15 points while adding 9 rebounds.
- The Lyons outshot the Blue from the field shooting 43.2% while Wellesley shot 38.5%
- Brooke Harvey led the Lyons off the bench with 5 points.
UP NEXT: The Lyons head to Coast Guard on Wednesday, Feb. 5th for a 7:00 p.m. tip-off.