SCORE: Wheaton 33 - WPI 65
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-15, 1-7 NEWMAC) - WPI (13-10, 3-5 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, MA (Harrington Auditorium)
- Wheaton fell to WPI 65-33 behind 11 points from Sadie Shore.
- WPI started the game on a 7-0 run giving them a seven-point lead 1:38 into the game.
- Senior Natalie Wind scored the games next four points to make it 4-7 with 6:09 remaining in the first quarter.
- With the Lyons down six points, Shore made a layup to make it 12-8 in favor of the Goats with 1:46 remaining in the first quarter.
- Maddie Blake made a three-pointer at the end of the first quarter to give WPI a 20-10 lead heading into the second quarter.
- Mikayla Pucci sunk a pair of free throws to get the Lyons on the board in the second quarter, trailing 25-12.
- WPI had a strong second quarter and took a 39-12 lead into halftime.
- Shore and first-year Bri Forbes both had strong third quarters scoring five and four points.
- The Lyons trailed 55-21 heading into the final quarter.
- Wheaton continued to battle and outscored WPI in the fourth quarter 12-10 behind a strong fourth quarter from Pucci, Shore, and Wind.
- The Lyons ultimately fell to WPI 65-33 in the NEWMAC contest.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shore led all starters with 11 points on 4-of-6 shooting from the floor.
- Wind finished the game with 7 points.
- Melanie Presseau had a game-high 14 points for the Goats.
- The Lyons forced the Goats to turn the ball over 18 times.
- Pucci led the Lyons on the glass grabbing 5 rebounds and adding 7 points.
- Wheaton outscored WPI in fastbreak points with an 8-2 advantage.
UP NEXT: The Lyons stay on the road as they face Clark on Wednesday, February 19 for a 7:30 tip-off.