SCORE: Wheaton 80 - Clark 83 (OT)
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-16, 1-8 NEWMAC) - Clark (6-18, 2-7 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, MA (Kneller Athletics Center)
- Wheaton lost an overtime thriller to Clark 83-80 after four starters finished in double-digit scoring.
- Sophomore Sadie Shore opened up the scoring by converting on a layup just under a minute into the game.
- Bri Forbes then scored the next five points giving the Lyons 7-2 lead with 7:39 remaining in the first quarter.
- After Mikayla Pucci put the Lyons back in front, Senior Natalie Wind sunk four three-pointers in a row extending the Lyons lead to 21-10 with 4:06 left in the first quarter.
- Carli Koffinke hit a three-pointer at the end of the first quarter giving the Lyons a 27-18 lead headed into the second quarter.
- Three-pointers from Koffinke and Arianna Fabiani kept the Lyons in front 33-22 with 7:25 remaining in the second quarter.
- Pucci ended a 6-0 Cougars run by sinking two free throws making it 35-28 with 4:20 remaining before halftime.
- Clark took a 41-38 lead going into halftime behind a 13-0 run to end the half.
- Wheaton jumped out on an 8-2 run behind four points from both Shore and Pucci giving the lead back to the Lyons 46-43 with 7:06 remaining in the third quarter.
- The Cougars took a 54-52 lead on back to back three-points plays from Hannah Favaloro with 2:13 left in the third.
- Forbes gave the Lyons back the lead 55-54 after sinking the free-throw on the and-1 play.
- Clark took a 56-55 lead going into the fourth after a layup from Favaloro.
- The Lyons took back the lead 61-60 after a Wind made layup with 6:55 remaining in regulation.
- Trailing by three with just under two minutes to play, Wind hit her fifth three to tie the game.
- The Lyons then took the lead twice with under a minute to go but the Cougars had answers as the game headed to overtime tied 74-74.
- Forbes gave Wheaton the lead with the first basket in overtime 76-74.
- After a Clark made free-throw, Pucci converted on a layup giving the Lyons a 78-75 lead with 3:56 remaining in the overtime.
- Clark scored the next five points giving them an 80-78 advantage with 2:41 remaining
- Pucci then sunk two free throws with 00:23 remaining in the game to bring the scores level at 80-80.
- Clark converted with thirteen seconds left and came out victorious 83-80.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Pucci had a double-double scoring a team-high 20 points while grabbing 12 rebounds.
- Wind finished with 19 points shooting 5-of-11 from behind the arc.
- Favaloro had a game-high 28 points for the Cougars.
- The Lyons outrebounded the Cougars 51-37.
- Forbes scored 16 points while handing out 6 assists.
- Koffinke led the Lyons off the bench shooting 3-of-5 from three finishing with 9 points.
UP NEXT: The Lyons host MIT on Saturday, February 22nd for Senior Dat at 3:00 p.m.