SCORE: Wheaton 6 - Bridgewater State 5
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-4, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Bridgewater St. (3-2)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Nordin Field)
- Wheaton was led by Katie Peters who scored two goals on the night while Lilly Callahan, Casey Kaplan, and Kyra Schwartzman each contributed one goal apiece.
- First Year Maggie Dymes scored the game-winning goal with 6:34 left in the game to push the Lyons ahead 6-5. She also provided two assists on the night.
- Bridgewater State was led by Gabby Reinold and Victoria McDonough who scored two goals each while Mackenzie Manning provided one.
- Bridgewater St. started the game off strong, scoring five goals in nine minutes while holding Wheaton scoreless during that time. Peters was able to get the Lyons on the board with a goal at 9:36 and then shortly after, Kaplan would contribute with a goal at 5:08 making the game 5-2 as they headed into intermission.
- The Lyons were able to overcome Bridgewater State's opening push, scoring four goals in the half while holding their opponent scoreless for the remainder of the game.
- Senior Molly Witten recorded a season-high 13 saves in the win.
- Saves: Wheaton 13 / Bridgewater St. 12
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 22 / Bridgewater St. 19
- Clears: Wheaton 8-12 / Bridgewater St. 11-12
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 8 / Bridgewater St. 5
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 1-3 / Bridgewater St. 0-5
- Shots: Wheaton 28 / Bridgewater St. 20
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the road on Saturday, March 24, where they will take on Mount Holyoke at 12:00 p.m.