Mar 28, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 12 - Plymouth State 8
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-4, 1-0 NEWMAC) - Plymouth State (3-3)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- Kyra Schwartzman had a standout performance for the Lyons, finishing the night with four goals and three assists, while also picking up two groundballs.
- Maddy Lahm and Maggie Dymes each finished with a three-goal performance for Wheaton, while sophomore Lilly Callahan netted two in the win.
- Kennelly Allerton chipped in two assists for Wheaton, while coming up with three groundballs.
- Senior Katie Peters ended the game with a team-high three caused turnovers, five draw controls and three groundballs each.
- Molly Witten collected the win after making eight saves in 35:47 minutes of work, before being replaced by Jena Casman who closed out the game with two saves (24:13).
- Wheaton struck first with an unassisted goal by Dymes (26:51) but quickly had it erased by Megan Tingley of Plymouth State (23:24). With the contest tied at 1-1, Wheaton's offense opened the floodgates, netting back-to-back goals from Schwartzman, which were followed by back-to-back Lahm goals. Kimmie Zuccaro ended the Plymouth State scoreless streak at the four-minute mark. Callahan wrapped up the first-half scoring with a little help from Schwartzman, sending the Lyons into the half leading 6-2.
- Plymouth State closed the gap to 6-5 at the start of the second half with three quick goals that stretched over a six-minute span. Wheaton settled down and once again found its offensive rhythm, responding with five consecutive goals, pushing its lead to 11-5. Plymouth State rattled off three goals in the final seven minutes while limiting the Lyons to just one more goal, but it would not be enough to overcome the deficit.
- Saves: Wheaton 10 / Plymouth St. 4
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 17 / Plymouth St. 17
- Clears: Wheaton 11-16 / Plymouth St. 10-14
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 13 / Plymouth St. 9
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 0-3 / Plymouth St. 1-4
- Shots: Wheaton 27 / Plymouth St. 30