SCORE: Wheaton 6 - Roger Williams 18
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-5, 1-0 NEWMAC) - Endicott (1-0)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- Wheaton received goals from four different players, including senior Katie Peters and junior Maddy Lahm. Peters scored three goals and had one assist while Lahm netted one.
- Also getting in on the scoring was first-year Danielle Trudeau and sophomore Kyra Schwartzman. Kennelly Allerton provided one assist.
- Roger Williams was led by senior Kaelin Hogan who scored seven goals and dished out three assists. Shayne Rivard and Devon Sarazin each scored a hattrick with Rivard picking up two assists and Sarazin picking up one.
- Wheaton took the lead early in the first half, going on a 3-0 run with Peters opening the game at 28:56. Schwartzman and Peters would score again before Roger Williams was able to get on the board at 20:14 making the game 3-1.
- The Hawks took the lead at 11:48 and never looked back. The Lyons battled at the start of the second half but despite their efforts, they were unable to get back on the board, with the game ending at 18-6.
- The Loss snaps the Lyons three-game win streak.
- Goalie Molly Witten tallied five saves on the day.
- Shots: Wheaton 24 / Roger Williams 31
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 11 / Roger Williams 19
- Clears: Wheaton 6-11 / Roger Williams 14-18
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 17 / Roger Williams 9
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 1-8 / Roger Williams 2-4
- Saves: Wheaton 7 / Roger Williams 12
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home on Saturday, April 7 at 1:00 p.m. where they will take on the Lions of Emerson College.