Posted: Apr 07, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 13 - Emerson 6
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-5, 2-0 NEWMAC) - Emerson (0-8, 0-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- Wheaton's Maddy Lahm had a standout performance, finishing the game with five goals while winning four draw controls.
- Senior Katie Peters scored three goals and led the Lyons in draw controls with seven while Kyra Schwartzman scored two goals and dished out two assists while also picking up three ground balls.
- Danielle Trudeau, Lilly Callahan, and Maggie Dymes each scored once for Wheaton. Dymes picked up three ground balls while Trudeau and Callahan each picked up one.
- Senior Megan Hemmerlein picked up six ground balls while winning six draw controls for her team.
- Molly Witten collected the win after making six saves in 49:10 minutes of work, before being replaced by Galicia Rothe who closed out the game.
- Wheaton struck first with a free position shot by Peters (28:25). The Lyons quickly added to their scoreline with goals by Schwartzman (27:13), Peters (26:19), and Lahm (26:04). Emerson's Sophia Gripari was able to find the back of the net at 21:42. With the contest at 4-1, Wheaton's offense began to flourish with Lahm netting three back-to-back goals. Schwartzman wrapped up the first-half by scoring while down a player, sending the Lyons into the half leading 9-3.
- Emerson was able to score three goals in the second half while limiting the Lyons to three, but it would not be enough to overcome the deficit with the game ending 13-6.
- Saves: Wheaton 6 / Emerson 16
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 24 / Emerson 10
- Clears: Wheaton 9-10 / Emerson 14-17
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 17 / Emerson 4
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 3-9 / Emerson 2-4
- Shots: Wheaton 40 / Emerson 15