Apr 11, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 13 - Wellesley 7
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-6, 3-0 NEWMAC) - Wellesley (0-12, 0-4 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Wellesley, Mass. (Wellesley College)
- Wheaton was paced by a four goal performance from senior Katie Peters, while first-year Danielle Trudeau finished with her first career hat trick. Both Maggie Dymes and Kyra Schwartzman added two goals in the win, while Molly Covarrubias and Amy Livermore chipped in a goal each.
- Peters also finished with a game-high five draw controls and two caused turnovers, while Kennelly Allerton and Nina Sanfilippo collected a game-high four ground balls.
- Wellesley was led by Louise Conaty who netted two goals, while five other players finished with one goal for the Blue.
Dymes put the Lyons on the board first at 25:01 on a free position shot to give Wheaton their first lead of the game. Olivia Strobl answered on a feed from Persky at 24:16 to give Wellesley their first goal of the day. Schwartzman sparked a five goal run at 15:46 to give Wheaton a 7-2 lead. Ellie Chalphin snapped the Blue's scoreless streak to cut the Wellesley deficit 7-3. Peters and Trudeau scored back-to-back goals for Wheaton at 2:11 and 0:36 to take a 9-3 advantage heading into halftime.
Schwartzman extended Wheaton's lead when she scored the first goal of the second half at 20:03 with help from Livermore to make it 10-3. Persky netted her first of the game at 14:48 as the Blue trailed 10-4. Conaty tallied back-to-back goals for Wellesley at 12:46 and 10:04 to bring the Blue within five at 11-6. Hernandez took a feed from senior Mayu Kikuchi (Villanova, Pa.) to score the final goal for Wellesley at 1:21. Wheaton secured their win at 0:43 when Covarrubias scored to make the final, 13-7.
- Saves: Wheaton 17 / Wellesley 7
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 19 / Wellesley 25
- Clears: Wheaton 22-35 / Wellesley 16-21
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 12 / Wellesley 10
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 5-9 / Wellesley 1-9
- Shots: Wheaton 23 / Wellesley 32