Apr 21, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 11 - MIT 23
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-8, 4-2 NEWMAC) - MIT (9-5, 5-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (Jack Barry Field)
- Wheaton was led by hat-tricks from Maddy Lahm, Maggie Dymes and Katie Peters, while getting single goal performances from Emma Ford and Molly Covarrubias.
- Cecilia McCormick led all players with nine goals for the Engineers, while teammate Emily Young finished with a double hat-trick netting six goals in the win.
- All three of the Lyons goalkeepers saw action with senior Molly Witten being credited with the loss after making six saves in nearly 44 minutes of action.
- Wheaton took an early 2-0 lead with unassisted goals from Dymes and Lahm, but the Engineers countered two minutes later with six straight goals, giving them the lead, which they would never relinquish.
- Trailing 6-2, Peters broke the Lyons scoreless streak with a good free position shot at the 15:42 mark, which was followed by Lahm's second goal of the day. Covarrubias and Ford both added unassisted goals before the end of the first half.
- Entering the second half with an 11-6 deficit, Peters started the period with her second goal of the day. Peters ended her scoring at the 24:19 mark, but not before the Engineers added three more goals. Lahm made it a 16-9 game with a good free position shot at the 18:59 mark. Lahm teamed up with Dymes with 16:57 to go, pulling the Lyons within seven goals of the Engineers. Dymes scored Wheaton's final goal of the game with an assist from Kennelly Allerton.
- Saves: Wheaton 6 / MIT 5
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 14 / MIT 13
- Clears: Wheaton 9-17 / MIT 13-16
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 13 / MIT 23
- Free Position Shots: 2-4 / MIT 5-7
- Shots: Wheaton 21 / MIT 37