SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Bates 16
RECORDS: Wheaton (0-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Bates (2-0, 0-0 NESCAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- The Wheaton women's lacrosse team opened their second home game of the 2019 season with a 16-3 loss to Bates College on Wednesday evening on Diane C. Nordin '80 Field.
- Wheaton got it's three goals on the night from junior Lilly Callahan and sophomore Casey Kaplan. Callahan was able to net one, while Casey Kaplan chipped in the other two.
- Maggie Dymes picked up a game-high four ground balls while Molly Covarrubias dished off the Lyons lone assist.
- Margaret Smith led all players with five goals and one assist in the Bobcats win, while Liv Sandford and Katie Allard each followed up with three goals apiece. Eliza Statile earned her second win of the season for Bates after making five saves on the night.
- Callahan put the Lyons on top a little over a minute into the contest, but the Bobcats responded by going on a 12-0 run to end the first half (12-1).
- Wheaton opened the second half again with a goal from Kaplan at 27:14 and another at 13:57 (13-3), but despite their efforts, it wouldn't be enought to catch the Bobcats early lead.
- Jena Casman record three saves in the loss.
- Saves: Wheaton 3 / Bates 5
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 14 / Bates 19
- Clears: Wheaton 9-9 / Bates 15-15
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 4 / Bates 16
- Free Position Shots: 0-4 / Bates 6-9
- Shots: Wheaton 14 / Bates 28
UP NEXT: Wheaton takes to the road on Saturday, March 2, where they will face off against Endicott College at 3:00 p.m.