SCORE: Wheaton 18 - Lasell 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Lasell (1-1)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin Field)
- Wheaton was led by their junior class today with Kyra Schwartzman scoring a game-high five goals, while Meg Sharick, Lilly Callahan, and Molly Covarrubias each finished with a hat-trick of their own.
- Kennelly Allerton, Maggie Dymes, Danielle Trudeau, and Casey Kaplan contributed one goal apiece for the blue and white.
- Jordan McComb led Lasell with two goals, while Vanessa Pino followed up with one goal in the Laser's loss.
- Covarrubias walked away with a team-high eight draw controls for Wheaton, while Kaplan came up with four and Sharick two. Covarrubias, Blake Ferretti and Kaplan each caused a team-high two turnovers.
- Jena Casman picked up her first win of the season, coming up with three saves on six shots faced.
- Wheaton jumped on top early with a goal from Callahan at 28:41. Covarrubias would find the back of the net shortly after to put the Lyons up by two before Lasell's McComb was able to net her first goal of the game at 27:31. Wheaton continued to find their form after the initial goal, outscoring the Lasers with a 10-1 run to set the scoreline at 12-2 as the two sides headed into intermission.
- Wheaton pushed their lead to 13-2 in the first three minutes of the second period before Lasell was able to get back on the board at 20:25 with a free position shot. The Lyons found their rhythm soon after, going on to score five unanswered goals to pick up the victory and end the game 18-3.
- Shots: Wheaton 32 / Lasell 10
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 19 / Lasell 16
- Clears: Wheaton 17-18 / Lasell 15-18
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 17 / Lasell 6
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 3-5 / Lasell 2-3
- Saves: Wheaton 3 / Lasell 6
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the road on Monday, March 11, where they will face off against the Gulls of Endicott College at 4:00 p.m.