SCORE: Wheaton 14 - Endicott 12
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Endicott (1-2, 0-0 CCC)
LOCATION: Beverly, Mass.
- The Wheaton women's lacrosse team rallied late in the second half to beat the 2018 Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Champions, Endicott College, to a scoreline of 14-12.
- Wheaton was led by junior Kyra Schwartzman who scored five goals and had two ground balls, while Molly Covarrubias and Casey Kaplan each followed up with two goals apiece. Covarrubias picked up a game-high five assists while Kaplan fought for one ground ball.
- Lilly Callahan, Meg Sharick, Emma Ford, Danielle Trudeau, and Darien Webb each contributed one goal in the Lyons victory.
- Jennifer Lacroix tied for a game-high five goals while Alex Fitzgerald provided two goals in the Gull's loss.
- Endicott got on the board first with Lacroix and Meghan Dutchyshyn scoring in the first three minutes of the game. Schwartzman was able to get Wheaton on the board a minute later, jumpstarting the Lyons attack to help them gain a 10-6 lead as they headed into intermission.
- Wheaton took advantage of a Gull's penalty at the start the second half, allowing Schwartzman to find the back of the net at 27:15 (11-6). After the initial goal, Endicott found momentum and was able to go on a 5-0 run to tie the game up at 11-11. Covarrubias helped Wheaton regain the lead at 11:28 and from there the Lyons finished out the game, solidifying their win at 14-12.
- Sophomore Jena Casman recorded 13 saves in 60 minutes of play pushing her record to 2-2 on the season.
- Shots: Wheaton 29 / Endicott 33
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 29/ Endicott 27
- Clears: Wheaton 21-31 / Endicott 19-24
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 5/ Endicott 23
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 2-4 / Endicott 2-7
- Saves: Wheaton 13 / Endicott 7
UP NEXT: Wheaton will take to the road on Wednesday, March 13, where they will face off against Framingham State at 6:00 p.m.