SCORE: Wheaton 8 - Framingham St. 12
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-3, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Framingham St. (2-1, 0-0 MASCAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- The Wheaton women's lacrosse team opened their fifth game of the 2019 season with a 12-8 loss to Framingham State University on Wednesday evening on Diane C. Nordin '80 Field.
- Wheaton was led by junior Lilly Callahan who scored two goals while dishing out one assist. Meg Sharick, Kennelly Allerton, Emma Ford, Molly Covarrubias, Casey Kaplan, and Kyra Schwartzman each contributed one goal in the Lyons loss with Covarrubias dishing off a tied game-high three assists.
- Alissa Marino led all players with five goals and one assist while Morgan Begley contributed a hattrick in the Rams win. Hanna McMahon followed up with two goals while Grace Gamache and Nicole Pacheco each scored one goal apiece.
- Allerton got Wheaton on the board first with an unassisted goal at 28:58 before Framingham St. answered with two goals from Begley. The two sides would trade the lead back and forth four times within the first frame alone before the Rams were able to take the lead at 6-5 at halftime.
- Both teams battled at the start second half, but Framingham St. slowly pulled away from the Lyons as the game continued on. Callahan helped cut the deficit by three with a goal at 5:01 (11-8), but despite Wheaton's efforts it wouldn't be enough to catch the Rams mid-game push.
- Jena Casman recorded 11 saves in 60 minutes of play.
- Saves: Wheaton 11 / FSU 12
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 36 / FSU 36
- Clears: Wheaton 14-24 / FSU 18-22
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 11 / FSU 11
- Free Position Shots: 0-5 / FSU 0-4
- Shots: Wheaton 27 / FSU 29
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home on Wednesday, March 20, where they will face off against the Bears of Bridgewater St. at 7:00 p.m.