SCORE: Wheaton 9 - Bridgewater State 10
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-4, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Bridgewater St. (4-1)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin Field)
- Wheaton was led by Lilly Callahan who scored a season-high four goals while Kyra Schwartzman tallied three goals.
- Molly Covarrubias dished out four assists while Amy Livermore led the Lyons defense with 4 caused turnovers.
- Meg Sharick and Danielle Trudeau each contributed one goal in the Lyons loss.
- Bridgewater St. was led by Elizabeth Ettridge who scored four goals and an assist, while Victoria McDonough notched two goals and three assists in the Bears win.
- Bridgewater St. was able to find four different goal scorers in the first half alone to help them take the lead 4-2 before the two sides headed into intermission.
- The Bears continued to find the back of the net early in the second half to further their lead by four with 24:11 left in the game. Schwartzman helped cut the Lyons deficit by two (6-4) at the 16-minute mark, but the Bears managed to go on a 4-0 run just moments later.
- Trailing 10-4, Wheaton found their momentum in the remaining minutes of the game, scoring five times over the course of 4:28 to set them just one goal apart (10-9). With two minutes left in regulation, the Lyons were able to win the draw control and press down the field for one remaining push. Covarrubias fired off a shot with 53 seconds left, but the Bears goalie, Hayley Barner, was able to parry the shot, eventually running out the clock and ending the game 10-9.
- Jena Casman recorded 10 saves in the Lyons loss.
- Saves: Wheaton 10 / Bridgewater St. 12
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 15 / Bridgewater St. 18
- Clears: Wheaton 17-26 / Bridgewater St. 15-18
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 8 / Bridgewater St. 13
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 2-7 / Bridgewater St. 2-4
- Shots: Wheaton 30/ Bridgewater St. 24
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home on Saturday, March 23, where they will take on Mount Holyoke at 1:00 p.m.