SCORE: Wheaton 3 - No. 18 Bowdoin 22
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-5, 1-0 NEWMAC) - No. 18 Bowdoin (3-3)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin Field)
- The Wheaton women's lacrosse team hosted No. 18 Bowdoin on Sunday afternoon, where they fell to a scoreline of 22-3.
- Lilly Callahan, Casey Kaplan, and Kyra Schwartzman combined for Wheaton's three goals, with Maggie Dymes picking up the Lyons only assist on the day.
- Mia Murray and Callahan each had a team-high three caused turnovers while Blake Ferretti led the Lyons with three ground balls.
- Bowdoin's Eliza Denious led all players with five goals and three assists while Katie Miller notched four goals and one assist.
- Bowdoin quickly ran away with the contest, going on a 7-0 run before Kyra Schwartzman was able to put Wheaton on the board with a free position shot at 22:34. The Polar Bears finished off the half with five more goals setting the game at 12-1 at intermission.
- Wheaton was able to get on the board two more times throughout the second half, but despite their efforts, it wouldn't be enough to catch the Polar Bears lead.
- Jena Casman made five saves in the Lyons loss.
- Saves: Wheaton 5 / Bowdoin 2
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 13 / Bowdoin 20
- Clears: Wheaton 9-12 / Bowdoin 11-12
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 7 / Bowdoin 13
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 2-3 / Bowdoin 3-4
- Shots: Wheaton 9 / Bowdoin 34
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the road on March 27, where they will face off against Keene State for a 6:00 p.m. contest.