SCORE: Wheaton 9 - Keene State 10
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-6, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Keene State (2-3)
LOCATION: Keene, NH (Owl Athletic Complex )
- Wheaton was led by Molly Covarrubias who scored a season-high five goals and had a team-high three assists while Lilly Callahan notched three goals and two assists.
- Kyra Schwartzman was able to net two goals and contributed two assists while Danielle Trudeau and Casey Kaplan tallied one in the Lyons loss.
- Keene State's Brigid Casey led all players on the night with six goals and two assists while Ali Daisy notched four goals and two assists. Megan Gorham, Erica Chareth, Chelsea Lewis and Tess Masci each combined for the remaining five goals for the Owls.
- The Lyons got on the board first with Schwartzman finding the back of the net from a pass from Callahan at 26:58. From there, the game would be tightly contested with either side being able to pull away. Trudeau helped the Lyons push to a three-goal lead with 8:11 left in the half (8-5) before Keene State was able to notch two in the remaining minutes to cut their deficit down to 8-7 at intermission.
- The second half was just as tight as the first with both sides trading goals early. Wheaton took an 11-8 lead thanks to Covarrubias at 27:16, but Keene State found themselves going on a 7-0 run in the remaining 22 minutes to push past the Lyons. Kaplan netted her lone goal of the game with 1:35 left to play, but it wouldn't be enough to best the Owls.
- Jena Casman recorded eight saves in the Lyons loss.
- Saves: Wheaton 8 / Keene St. 9
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 11 / Keene St. 12
- Clears: Wheaton 29-29 / Keene St. 31-31
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 12 / Keene St. 17
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 2-7 / Keene St. 2-4
- Shots: Wheaton 33 / Keene St. 28
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the road on Saturday, April 6, where they will take on Emerson College at 6:00 p.m.