SCORE: Wheaton 19 - Emerson 6
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-6, 2-0 NEWMAC) - Emerson (0-4, 0-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
- The Wheaton women's lacrosse team took to the road on Saturday evening where they defeated conference opponent Emerson to a scoreline of 19-6.
- Junior attack Kyra Schwartzman led the Lyons in goals with four while Lilly Callahan and Maggie Dymes each followed up with a hattrick.
- Sophomores Danielle Trudeau and Emma Ford also contributed two goals in the Lyons win.
- Molly Covarrubias tallied for a game-high four assists and one goal while also winning a team-high five draw controls.
- Emerson was led by Kelli Mark who scored three goals while Jenna Tomsky followed up with two and Camille Mumford with one. Mark also led all players in the contest with a game-high six draw controls.
- Wheaton started the game with a 3-0 run before Emerson was able to find the back of the net at 24:45 (3-1). The Lyons in white and blue continued to rally throughout the remaining half, scoring 14 total goals compared to Emerson's three.
- After intermission, the Lyons continued with their scoring ways, netting five goals to solidify their victory at 19-6.
- Jena Casman grabbed the win after making four saves in 30 minutes of work, before being replaced by Tayla Slater who closed out the game with four saves after seeing seven shots.
- Saves: Wheaton 8 / Emerson 11
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 10 / Emerson 8
- Clears: Wheaton 17-18 / Emerson 8-9
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 12 / Emerson 14
- Free Position Shots: Wheaton 5-9 / Emerson 4-10
- Shots: Wheaton 37 / Emerson 18
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home on Wednesday, April 10 at 7 p.m. where they will face off against Wellesley College.