SCORE: Wheaton 15 - Smith 4
RECORDS: Wheaton 8-6 (4-1 NEWMAC) - Smith (6-7, 2-4 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- The women's lacrosse team returned to Diane C. Nordin '80 Field on Wednesday night where they defeated the Pioneers of Smith College to a scoreline of 15-4, setting the Lyons New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) record to 4-1, while the Pioneers fall to 2-4.
- Junior Kyra Schwartzman led all players on the night with six goals and two assists while also picking up a game-high four ground balls. Midfielder Casey Kaplan followed up with a three-goal performance with two caused turnovers while Maggie Dymes, Emma Ford, Addy Paradis, and Lilly Callahan each provided one goal apiece in the Lyons win.
- Smith had three different goalscorers on the night with Emily Biggs, Clelie Fielding, and Maddie Ryan each tallying one.
- The Pioneers got on the board first with Biggs converting a free position shot at 19:33. Two minutes after the intial goal, Schwartzman notched her first goal of six on the night at 17:11 to help draw the game even at 1-1. Wheaton then found themselves going on 6-0 run to end the half at 7-1.
- Wheaton controlled the pace throughout the second frame with Schwartzman continuing to lead the charge. Smith managed to score three goals over a two minute period, but it wouldn't be enough to stop the Lyons strong offense which tallied eight goals over the course of the half to end the game at 15-4.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Jena Casman went 9-13 in net, recording her sixth win for the white and blue.
- Saves: Wheaton 9 / Smith 9
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 24 / Smith 15
- Clears: Wheaton 19-21 / Smith 10-20
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 9 / Smith 12
- Free Position Shots: 0-1 / Smith 1-7
- Shots: Wheaton 33 / Smith 17
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home on Saturday, April 20 where they will face off against the Engineers of MIT at 1:00 PM.