SCORE: Wheaton 14 - Babson 18
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-9, 4-3 NEWMAC) - Babson (11-5, 7-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- Wheaton was led by Kyra Schwartzman who tallied a double-hattrick against the Beavers while Molly Covarrubias followed up with four goals and a game-high four assists. Schwartzman also picked up a team-high four ground balls while Covarrubias won seven draw controls on the night.
- Sophomore Maggie Dymes was able to contribute a hattrick in the Lyons loss with Lilly Callahan rounding out the scoring with one goal and one assist.
- Babson was led by Georgia Salvatore who scored a tied game-high six goals while also dishing out four assists and picking up two ground balls. Cricket Fligor earned her 11th win of the season for Babson after making nine saves on the night.
- Dymes got the Lyons on top at 26:19 but the Beavers responded with three goals over four minutes to take the lead. Dymes would tally another goal with 17:13 left to play in the half to set the game at 2-3, but the Beavers would spark a five-goal rally to go ahead 8-2. From there, Wheaton was able to net three more goals before intermission to help cut their deficit down by five (10-5).
- Babson opened the second half with seven unanswered goals, pushing their lead to 17-7. Schwartzman finally got Wheaton on the board with an unassisted goal at 16:23 and later battled for four more goals throughout the frame. Covarrubias would notch a pair in the remaining minutes, but it wouldn't be enough to catch the Beavers first-half push.
- Jena Casman recorded 10 saves in net for the Lyons.
- Saves: Wheaton 10 / Babson 9
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 29 / Babson 28
- Clears: Wheaton 12-16 / Babson 17-18
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 13 / Babson 21
- Free Position Shots: 0-6 / Babson 2-4
- Shots: Wheaton 38 / Babson 34
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, April 27 at 1 p.m. against the Coast Guard Academy at Diane C. Nordin Field for the final regular season game of the season.