SCORE: Wheaton 0 - MIT 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-1-1, 0-1-0 NEWMAC) - MIT (7-0-0, 1-0-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (Roberts Field at Steinbrenner Stadium)
- Both teams recorded a corner kick with Wheaton trailing slightly in shots, 6-3, through a scoreless opening half.
- The Engineers were able to break through, but not until the 81st minute when emily Berzolla assisted a Maya Nielan goal on a corner kick.
- Megan Healy did put a shot on goal for a final attempt to even the score, but Lily Mueller was there to deny.
- Aymara O-Brien Pappalardo and Olivia Struckman led all players in the contest in shots with three apiece.
- Junior Leann Wolf recorded seven of eight shots on goal, but unfortunately dips to 2-1-1 with the loss.
- Lily Mueller picks up the win for the Engineers with three saves to maintain her flawless wins record so far this season.
- Shots: Wheaton 9 - MIT 10
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 1 - MIT 1
- Saves: Wheaton 7 - MIT 3
UP NEXT: Wheaton will face Endicott on Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 4 p.m. at Mirrione Stadium.