SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Endicott 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-1-1, 0-1-0 NEWMAC) - Endicott (3-3, 1-0-0 CCC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Christina Mirrione '99 Stadium)
- Wheaton struck first with a goal from first-year Hannah Lepordo in the 29th minute. The goal came on a Gull turnover which was created by senior captain Megan Healy. Healy, who stole the ball, turned and fed Lepordo, who one-touched the ball through two defenders for the score.
- Healy setup the next Wheaton goal as well, sending the ball into the box on a set-piece. The ball found the head of sophomore Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo, for her first goal of the season.
- Lepordo handed the Lyons a 3-0 lead in the 58th minute with her New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) and team-leading seventh goal of the season.
- Endicott earned a goal back in the 86th minute when Rachel Hanna collected a deflected ball in the box.
- Leann Wolf, who collected the win, started in goal for the Lyons coming up with six saves in 74:50 minutes of action. Alexa Barbagallo played the other 15+ minutes in goal for Wheaton.
- Caroline Armbruster and Shelby Elwell split time in goal for the Gulls with Elwell being credited for the loss.
- Shots: Wheaton 7 - Endicott 13
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 3 - Endicott 3
- Saves: Wheaton 6 - Endicott 3
UP NEXT: Wheaton will travel to Maine Maritime on Sunday, Sept. 24 for a 2 p.m. contest. VIDEO