Sep 27, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Trinity (Conn.) 1 (OT)
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-1-1, 0-1-0 NEWMAC) - Trinity (Conn.) (2-5-1, 1-3 NESCAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Mirrione Stadium)
- After a scoreless first half, which saw just seven shots combined, the Bantams took a 1-0 lead in the 56th minute on a goal by Amelia Kroschwitz. The goal came after Wheaton goalkeeper Alexa Barbagallo made a diving save, which was deflected to the foot of Kroschwitz, who one-timed it into the back of the net.
- With time running out, Wheaton picked up its offensive pressure, unleashing several shots on Trinity keeper Taylor O'Connor. The Lyons finally broke through in the 86th minute on a converted corner kick. Junior Caren McCarthy sent a curling ball to the near post, where it found the head of sophomore Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo for her second goal of the season.
- With the game tied 1-1 at the end of regulation, the two sides went into overtime, where the Lyons ended the game in the 91st minute on another successful corner kick. This time the goal came off the foot of McCarthy, who once again sent a bending ball to the near post, this time sneaking it past the Trinity keeper for her first goal of the year.
- Barbagallo picked up her first complete game win of the season and her third win overall. The sophomore came up with eight saves for the Lyons.
- O'Connor of Trinity picked up her first loss of the year.
- Shots: Wheaton 11 - Trinity (Conn.) 15
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 3 - Trinity (Conn.) 1
- Saves: Wheaton 8 - Trinity (Conn.) 7