Oct 03, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Wellesley 0
RECORDS: Wheaton (8-1-1, 2-1-0 NEWMAC) - Wellesley (3-6-2, 2-2-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Wellesley, Mass. (Wellesley College)
- Wheaton got on the board in the 36th minute with what would prove to be the game-winner by sophomore Noelle Perciballi. The goal, which is Perciballi's first of the season, came off a feed from first-year Hannah Lepordo. Perciballi hammered a shot from the top of the penalty area past Wellesley keeper Olivia Reckley.
- Sophomore Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo added an insurance goal in the 76th minute after gobbling up a failed clear by the Blue.
- Senior captain Megan Healy got in on the action in the 80th minute with an assist from O'Brien-Pappalardo. O'Brien-Pappalardo sent in a cross from the left side of the field to an open Healy, who fired off a shot from the right.
- Alexa Barbagallo came up with seven saves for the Lyons, earning her fifth win of the season.
- Shots: Wheaton 8 - Wellesley 12
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 4 - Wellesley 1
- Saves: Wheaton 7 - Wellesley 3