Sep 08, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Gordon 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-0, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Gordon (1-3, 0-0 CCC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Christina Mirrione Stadium)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team used a two-goal second half to defeat the visiting Fighting Scots of Gordon College this afternoon at Mirrione Stadium. The Lyons remain unbeaten on the season, improving to 4-0, while Gordon drops to 1-3 overall.
- The Scots found the back of the net first after a scoreless first half for both teams, as Kyra Skurcenski collected a goalie glove rebound at 51:16.
- Chloe Troy answered back 6:27 minutes later to even the match at 1 after finding a leading pass at the top of the box from fellow first year Kenza Farid.
- Wheaton picked up their first lead of the contest after outshooting the visitors, 3-0 following the previous goal, as Jaime Rattenni took control of the ball in a scrum in front of the net for the game-winner at 67:23.
- Junior goalkeeper Alexa Barbagallo rolls to 4-0 along with the Lyons after turning aside 4 Gordon attempts on goal. Jenny Deckert drops to 1-1 with the Gordon loss, stopping two.
- Junior Midfielder Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo took a game-high 8 shots, while five separate Scots accounted for all five Gordon shots on goal.
- As the Lyons improve to 4-0, Head Coach Bobby Desilets picks up his 94th career win, just 6 shy of the 100-win milestone.
- Shots: Wheaton 16 - Gordon 9
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 9 - Gordon 2
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - Gordon 2