Posted: Sep 13, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Bridgewater State 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-0, 0-0 NEWMAC) - BSU (1-3-1, 0-0 MASCAC)
LOCATION: Bridgewater, Mass. (Swenson Field)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team outshot the Bridgewater State University Bears, 22-4, en route to a 3-1 win on Swenson Field in Bridgewater this evening. The Lyons take the win home to Norton, improving to 5-0 overall before NEWMAC competition begins on Saturday. Bridgewater State slips to 1-3-1 with the loss.
- While Wheaton fired off thirteen shots to BSU's zero in the first half, the Lyons could not convert and the period concluded in a scoreless tie.
- The Bears enjoyed their first and only lead of the game in the 59th minute, as Rachel Healy took some help from Emma Sanders and Kassidy Campbell on the left side for the first goal of the night.
- Wheaton answered back quickly with a pair of Kaylee Sye goals in the 64th and 67th minutes before netting another for security at 78:35.
- Sye registered her first of two at 63:37 to tie the game at 1-1, recieving a pass through the middle from Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo and finding a piece of the net on the right side of the frame. Her second goal came just 2:20 minutes after that, thanks to an assist from first year Chloe Troy.
- Kenza Farid knocked in Wheaton's third and final goal with help from a rebound and a Sye assist at 78:35.
- Alexa Barbagallo moves up to 5-0 along with the team after turning aside both BSU shots on goal. Bridgewater State's Kellie Souza made four saves in the loss.
- Shots: Wheaton 22 - BSU 4
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 6 - BSU 0
- Saves: Wheaton 2 - BSU 4