Sep 19, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Endicott 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-1-0, 0-1 NEWMAC) - Endicott (1-3-3, 0-0-1 CCC)
LOCATION: Beverly, Mass. (Hempstead Stadium)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team picked up a 2-1 win over Endicott College on the road this evening. With the win, the Lyons improve to 6-1-0 overall, while the Gulls slip to 1-3-3.
- Sharlotte Pernice led all players on the field with 7 shots in the contest, while Wheaton was led by first year Jaime Rattenni with 3.
- Endicott outshot Wheaton, 4-0, before the Lyons took one shot and scored for a 1-0 lead. Rattenni netted the marker at 16:37 after handling a cross from senior forward Kaylee Sye.
- Wheaton fought off five Endicott attempts to their one over the following 39:29 minutes, but once again persisted and scored goal number two as Chloe Troy found help from Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo at 55:06.
- Pernice got the Gulls on the board in the 80th minute with an unassisted tally to the bottom left corner of the net, and the remainder of the contest proved to be quiet, seeing just one shot in the final ten minutes.
- Alexa Barbagallo adds another win to her tally, improving to 6-1 with 6 saves, while Kayla Wentworth drops to 1-3-3 after stopping two in the complete game.
- Shots: Wheaton 6 - Endicott 16
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 3 - Endicott 3
- Saves: Wheaton 6 - Endicott 2