Posted: Sep 26, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Trinity 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-1-1, 0-1 NEWMAC) - Trinity (2-4-1, 0-3 NESCAC)
LOCATION: Hartford, Conn. (Trinity Soccer Field)
- Trinity College scored two goals in the final 5:31 minutes of regulation to force a scoreless overtime and a 3-3 tie this evening with the Wheaton College women's soccer team in Hartford, Connecticut. Both teams add their first to the tie column in 2018, with the Lyons now standing at 7-1-1 and the Bantams at 2-4-1.
- The hosts converted first after a scoreless 43 minutes when Olga Koszykowska found assistance from teammate Shannon Kennedy at 43:16.
- Wheaton used a trio of consecutive second half markers to build a 3-1 lead, including two back-to-back by Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo between 56:30 and 60:55, and what looked to be an insurance goal in the 83rd minute by first year Chloe Troy.
- Tricia Pollock pulled the Bantams within one with 5:31 remaining on a corner kick from Maeve Rabbitt, before assisting Duun O'Hara's heroic, 87:51 equalizer.
- Both overtime periods were a battle of endurance, with each team putting four shots up. Trinity fired off an excellent shot in the 106th minute for a chance to walk off with a win, but were denied by Alexa Barbagallo's stunning save.
- Barbagallo picked up 13 saves in the outing, while Taylor O'Connor comes away with 12.
- Shots: Wheaton 18 - Trinity 29
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 6 - Trinity 5
- Saves: Wheaton 13 - Trinity 12