Posted: Sep 29, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Babson 4
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-2-1, 0-2 NEWMAC) - Babson (4-4-2, 1-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Babson Park, Mass. (Hartwell-Rogers Field)
- Emma Dineen scored in the 85th minute to lift the Babson College women's soccer team to a 4-3 victory over Wheaton this afternoon at Hartwell-Rogers Field. The Lyons drop to 7-2-1 overall, while Babson picks up their first NEWMAC win of the year.
- Dineen scored off of a long ball from Maggie McCabe, only seconds after a Wheaton fast break that resulted in a Jaime Rattenni shot that went just inches wide of the Babson goal post.
- Wheaton scored the first goal of the contest, a Chloe Troy header from Kyla Magalhaes at 3:09, but found themselves trailing, 3-1, after three Babson conversions in a 12:35 minute span to close out the first half.
- Nearly 16:37 scoreless minutes had elapsed to start the second period before Aymara-O'Brien Pappalardo buried a penalty kick past Kayla Salmon to pull the Lyons within one.
- O'Brien-Pappalardo found Kenza Farid 6:24 minutes later for the tying header goal at 68:01.
- The teams went back and forth from there, trading two shots each before the game-winner was deposited at 84:21. Wheaton outshot the Beavers, 15-13, collectively, and also edged the hosts 7-6 in corner kicks.
- Alexa Barbagallo collected four saves in the loss, while Salmon brings home a win after stopping four as well.
- Shots: Wheaton 15 - Babson 13
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 7 - Babson 6
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - Babson 4