Oct 13, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Clark 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (10-3-1, 3-3 NEWMAC) - Clark (8-4-1, 3-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Mirrione Stadium)
- Kaylee Sye lifted the Wheaton College women's soccer team to a 2-1, double-overtime victory over the visiting Cougars of Clark University this afternoon with her goal in the 107th minute of the contest. Wheaton picks up their tenth win of the season as they improve to 10-3-1 and 3-3 in conference play, while Clark slips to 8-4-1 and 3-3.
- The first half resulted in a 0-0 score, despite the 15 shots Wheaton put up in comparison to Clark's 3.
- Inonge Kaloustian registered an unassisted goal in the 50th minute to give the Cougars a 1-0 lead as she carried the ball up the middle and past the goalkeeper to score.
- 22:05 minutes later, Kate Hopkins crossed a ball in from the right side to first year Jaime Rattenni who headed the ball into the left corner, tying the game at 1-1.
- Both overtime periods were all Wheaton attack, as the Lyons held Clark's offense without any shots while firing off 6 themselves. Sye ended it all collected a cross from Nicole Moody almost 7 minutes into the second overtime period, burying the game-winner into the right corner of the net 106:46.
- Alexa Barbagallo earned her tenth win of the year in net for the Lyons, as she stopped four Clark attempts on goal in the complete game. Julianna Christy collected 10 saves in the loss.
- Sye led all players on the field with 8 shots and a goal, while Jamie Joseph led the charge for the Cougars with 6 shots.
- Shots: Wheaton 26 - Clark 12
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 7 - Clark 3
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - Clark 10