Posted: Oct 16, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - WPI 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (10-4-1, 3-4 NEWMAC) - WPI (11-4, 4-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (Alumni Stadium)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team fell, 1-0, this evening on the road at WPI. Wheaton drops to 10-4-1 and 3-4 in the NEWMAC, while WPI jumps to 11-4 and 4-2 in the conference.
- Sofia Orrico headed in the game-winner and only goal of the contest at 23:11 in the first half after collecting an assist from Leah Beauton. The Lyons fired off three shots over the remainder of the half, but none hit were able to find the back of the net.
- WPI outshot the visitors, 6-7 in the second half. Wheaton had a pair of attempts in the final minute of the game, including a shot on goal from Jaime Rattenni, but Gabriela Hoops was there for the save, securing the 1-0 victory for the Engineers.
- Kristen McCrea led WPI with six shots, as Rattenni and Kaylee Sye each shot twice.
- Hoops picks up the shutout win after turning aside four Wheaton shots on net in 90 minutes, while Alexa Barbagallo collects three saves in the loss.
- Shots: Wheaton 11 - WPI 13
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 5 - WPI 3
- Saves: Wheaton 3 - WPI 4