Posted: Oct 24, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Springfield 3 (OT)
RECORDS: Wheaton (11-5-1, 4-5 NEWMAC) - Springfield (11-4-1, 6-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Springfield, Mass. (Brock-Affleck Field)
- Springfield College outshot the Wheaton College women's soccer team 33-9 en route to a 3-2 overtime victory for the Pride this evening at Brock-Affleck Field. Wheaton updates their record to 11-5-1 overall and 4-5 in the NEWMAC, while the Pride improve to 11-4-1 and 6-2.
- The hosts enjoyed a 17-3 shot advantage and a 1-0, halftime lead thanks to a Kellie Gambell goal from Kaleigh Dale and Rachel Feliu in the 32nd minute.
- Wheaton used their 7th shot of the evening to tie the game at one apiece after Kaylee Sye converted a cross from Amanda Dunton at 66:41.
- Springfield retaliated with a marker from Dale just 3:04 minutes later, but that lead wouldn't last long, as the Lyons put themselves on the board again after Nicole Moody (Amanda Dunton) scored her fourth goal of the season at 73:46.
- Alexa Barbagallo made three stops over the final 16 minutes of regulation to force the overtime period. After almost 5 minutes had elapsed in extra time, Springfield scored on their first attempt to claim the win as Amanda Wright beat a charging Barbagallo to the left.
- Barbagallo collected 7 saves in the loss, while Jackie Davis earned her 6th win of the year with 4 stops.
- Shots: Wheaton 9 - Springfield 33
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 3 - Springfield 2
- Saves: Wheaton 7 - Springfield 4