Posted: Sep 06, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Gordon 3 (2OT)
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-0-2) - Gordon (2-1-1)
LOCATION: Wenham, Mass. (Brigham Complex)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team hit the road for the first time this season, battling Gordon to a 3-3 double-overtime draw Friday night.
- Wheaton struck first with sophomore Chloe Troy finding classmate Jaime Rattenni in the eighth minute of action. The goal is the first of the season for Rattenni.
- Gordon countered just two minutes later with Devin Lacroix hooking up with Emily Rodriguez.
- Troy recaptured the lead for Wheaton just seconds later, but the Fighting Scots found a way to capitalize before halftime, sending the two sides into the intermission deadlocked at 2-2.
- Senior captain Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo helped the Lyons take the lead for the third time in the 68th minute, finding Troy for her second goal of the game and third of the season.
- Gordon once again found a way to come from behind, tying the game at 3-3 in the 80th minute with another Rodriguez goal.
- Troy ended the contest with a game-high 11 shots, eight of which she put on frame.
- Alexa Barbagallo was forced to make just four saves on the night.
- Shots: Wheaton 24 / Gordon 12
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 7 / Gordon 2
- Saves: Wheaton 4 / Gordon 12