Posted: Sep 08, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 1 - Middlebury 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-1-2) - Middlebury (3-0)
LOCATION: Middlebury, Vt. (Dragone Field)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team suffered its first loss of the season Sunday afternoon falling at Middlebury 2-1 on Dragone Field.
- Wheaton fell behind early in the first half, before surrendering the second goal of the day in the 25th minute.
- The Lyons cut the deficit in half in the 59th minute when captain Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo served a free-kick from deep in the right corner to the far post, where sophomore Amanda Dunton redirected the ball into the Middlebury net. The goal was the first allowed by the Panthers this season.
- Wheaton nearly found the equalizer in the 62nd minute when Chloe Troy made a run down the right side and fired a low shot that Middlebury keeper Ursula Alwang made a diving save on.
- Wheaton keeper Alexa Barbagallo had a busy day, coming up with seven saves.
- Shots: Wheaton 3 / Middlebury 24
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 1 / Middlebury 3
- Saves: Wheaton 7 / Middlebury 2