Sep 21, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - MIT 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-2-2, 0-1 NEWMAC) - MIT (6-1-1, 1-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team opened New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Saturday afternoon, suffering a 1-0 loss at MIT.
- Despite being outshot 19-2 in the first half, Wheaton kept MIT off the board courtesy of a strong performance in goal by senior Alexa Barbagallo who ended the contest with 10 saves in 90 minutes of work.
- The second half proved to be more even, but it was the Engineers who found the back of the next with a successful penalty kick from Emily Berzolla in the 58th minute of action.
- Sophomore Chloe Troy had three of Wheaton's four shots on the day, while senior Jenna Palmer finished with the teams other shot.
- Shots: Wheaton 4 / MIT 28
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 2 / MIT 8
- Saves: Wheaton 10 / MIT 2