Posted: Oct 08, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 4 - Wellesley 0
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-2-3, 2-1 NEWMAC) - Wellesley (4-7, 1-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Wellesley, Mass. (Wellesley College)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team traveled to Wellesley College Tuesday afternoon for a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) contest with the Lyons walking away with a dominant 4-0 victory. Wheaton collected three first-half goals, before putting an exclamation point on the game with a goal just one minute into the second half.
- Chloe Troy netted her team-leading sixth goal of the season in the fourth minute of action. The sophomore headed the ball into net off a well placed Kyla Magalhaes corner kick.
- Troy assisted on the next Lyon goal, finding Jaime Rattenni for her third goal of the season. Troy took the ball down to the end line before serving back into the six-yard box where Rattenni was able to soft touch it into net.
- The Lyons final goal of the first half came when Sadie Recht traveled up the left side of the field and found Claire Donfield who found net.
- Rattenni netted the final goal of the contest in the 47th minute after blasting the ball past the Wellesley keeper on a Hannah Lepordo throw-in.
- Senior Alexa Barbagallo was only forced to make five saves in the win, while Olivia Reckely of Wellelsey saved 13 of the 17 shots on goal she faced.
- Shots: Wheaton 21 / Wellesley 15
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 9 / Wellesley 2
- Saves: Wheaton 5 / Wellesley 13