Posted: Oct 19, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Clark 1 (OT)
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-3-3, 4-2 NEWMAC) - Clark (7-6-1, 1-4-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (Granger Field)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team traveled to Clark University Saturday afternoon for a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) contest, which saw the Lyons earn a 2-1 overtime victory.
- Wheaton took the lead early, with Chloe Troy netting her team-leading eighth goal of the year. The goal came on a free-kick, which saw junior Hannah Lepordo flick the ball toward Troy who was able to put it away.
- The Lyons were in control of the scoreboard for the majority of the contest, until Maya Mashkuri knotted up the game in the 80th minute.
- With the game still tied after regulation, it took Wheaton less than five minutes to net the game-winner, this time with Kyla Magalhaes connecting with Troy.
- Despite the two sides finishing with 10 shots, the Cougars only managed four on goal, forcing Alexa Barbagallo to come up with just three saves.
- Shots: Wheaton 10 / Clark 10
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 5 / Clark 1
- Saves: Wheaton 3 / Clark 7