Posted: Oct 26, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 8 - Mount Holyoke 0
RECORDS: Wheaton (8-4-3, 5-3 NEWMAC) - MHC (2-14-1, 0-8 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Mirrione Stadium)
- The Wheaton College women's soccer team celebrated the senior class Saturday afternoon, prior to the start of the teams New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) contest against Mount Holyoke. Wheaton put on a show, winning the contest 8-0 in front of an exuberant crowd.
- Wheaton netted five of their eight goals in the first half, starting with senior Jenna Palmer finding Chloe Troy in the fourth minute of action.
- Palmer then scored the second goal of the contest with a feed from Jaime Rattenni, which allowed her to chipped the ball over the keepers head.
- Kyla Magalhaes got in on the scoring in the 19th minute, heading in a corner kick from senior Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo.
- Senior Nicole Moody netted the next goal, finishing a Rattenni shot that was saved back into the six-yard box.
- The first half scoring ended with Troy finding Moody in the 32nd minute.
- Wheaton opened the second half with a converted penalty kick from senior Megan Darrell in the 51st minute.
- Darrell was also responsible for the following goal, while senior Katharine Chura scored the final goal of the contest in the 74th minute of play.
- Senior goalkeeper Alexa Barbagallo was hardly challenged in the contest, coming up with the teams only save of the day. Jamie Rushnak and Kaitlin Gossart also saw time in net.
- Shots: Wheaton 30 / MHC 5
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 9 / MHC 0
- Saves: Wheaton 1 / MHC 11