Posted: Nov 03, 2017
LOCATION: Balfour Natatorium (Norton, Mass.)
- The Lyons won the meet 183-115.
- The victory was highlighted by a new program record in the 200 yard freestyle, set by Lydia DaCorte with a time of 1:55.80.
- Wheaton had several first-place finishes, including a win from the 200-yard medley relay team of Eva Pet, Elizabeth Bernardy, Aleza Epstein, and Maggie Lawler (1:51.75).
- Chloe Deubner, Pet, Kathryn Cole and Julia Centola earned significant points for the Lyons, taking the top four spots, respectively, in the 100 yard backstroke.
- Bernardy claimed a victory in the 100 yard breaststroke, clocking in at 1:09.39.
- Jenna Hayden earned two first place finishes, in both the 200 yard butterfly and 200 yard backstroke events.
- Wheaton earned first, second and third place in the 1 meter diving event with strong performances from Maddy Morrison, Tori Popstein and Annie Decker.
- Another first-through-fourth showing for the Lyons came toward the end of the meet, with Bernardi, Rowan Rice, Erin Kean and Karen Iizuka finishing consecutively in the 200 yard breaststroke.
- Morrison, Popstein and Decker earned the top three spots in the 3 meter diving event.
- Epstein, DaCorte, Hayden and Caitlin Daley swam the fastest in the 400 yard freestyle relay, finishing with a time of 3:38.50.
- Maddy Morrison won both the 1 meter and 3-meter diving with a score of 236.93 and 233.10.
- The win marks the first victory over the U.S. Coast Guard Academy for the women's swimming and diving program since the 2010-11 season.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Wednesday, November 8 when they host Bridgewater State University at 6:00 p.m.