Posted: Nov 18, 2017
LOCATION: Balfour Natatorium (Norton, Mass.)
- The Lyons defeated both Keene State (498.4) and Springfield (536.3) with a total score of 537.5. The win over Springfield is the first for the Wheaton women.
- Wheaton has now won five straight dual meets.
- Eva Pet, Elizabeth Bernardy, Aleza Epstein, and Maggie Lawler won the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:51.41.
- Senior Jenna Hayden collected a win in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:58.31, while Pet won the 200 backstroke with a time of 2:12.39.
- Lydia DaCorte earned a first-place finish in the 500 free with a time of 5:17.73. DaCorte was also a part of the winning 400 free relay team, which included Caitlin Daley, Pet, and Hayden, that finished in 3:39.45.
- Sophomore Maddy Morrison picked up a win in the 1-meter dive with a point total of 256.70. Morrison finished second in the 3-meter dive with a total of 235.30 points.
- DaCorte picked up points for Wheaton with a second place finish in the 1000 freestyle (10:51.35), while Pet (1:01.37) and Kathryn Cole (1:02.37) finished 1-2 in the 100 backstroke.
- Bernardy earned points in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:11.18, which was good enough for second place. The sophomore also finished second in the 200 breast (2:33.63).
- DaCorte also finished second in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:14.73.
- Hayden and Caitlin Daley finished second and third respectively in the 100 free with Daley touching in 54.97, which is her best time of the season.
- Hayden collected a second place finish in the 100 fly (1:00.01), while Epstein earned points with a second place finish in the 200 IM (2:14.92).
UP NEXT: Wheaton hits the road for this first time this season for its next meet, traveling to the MIT Invite on Dec. 1-3.