Posted: Dec 08, 2017
LOCATION: Trinity (Conn.)
- The Lyons defeated Trinity 140.50 to 101.50. Wheaton defeated Wellesley, 151.00 to 89.00, in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) swim off.
- Wheaton picked up points in the women's 200 medley relay with the team of Chloe Deubner, Elizabeth Bernardy, Aleza Epstein, and Maggie Lawler finishing with a first place finish (1.55.07).
- Lucy Frey earned third place in the 1000 yard freestyle with a time of 11:49.18.
- First-year Lydia DaCorte picked up a top finish in the 200 free with a time of 1:58.93, which was nearly four seconds faster than the next finisher. The first-year also won the 100 butterfly with a time of 1:00.99. DaCorte collected her third win of the night in the 500 free with a time of 5:24.61.
- Lawler took the top spot in the 50 free with a time of 25.69.
- Senior Jenna Hayden won the 100 IM with a time of 1:02.37, while Epstein finished third with a time of 1:03.15.
- Sophomore Maddy Morrison finished second in the 1 meter dive (226.11), while finishing second in the 3 meter dive (235.50).
- Epstein and Caitlin Daley finished back-to-back in the 100 free with Epstein leading the way with a time of 55.64. Daley touched in 56.26.
- Hayden (1:00.74) and Deubner (1:03.44) finished second and third in the 100 backstroke.
- Bernardy and Karen Iizuka finished in the top two in the 100 breaststroke with Bernardy touching in 1:10.53 and Iizuka in 1:12.83.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Jan. 11 when they travel to Clark University for a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) contest at 1 p.m.