Jan 13, 2018
LOCATION: Balfour Natatorium (Norton, Mass.)
- The Lyons defeated Babson, 191-79, claiming first place finishes in 13 of 16 events.
- Wheaton's 200 yard medley team of Eva Pet, Elizabeth Bernardy, Aleza Epstein, and Maggie Lawler took first place with a time of 1:55.48. Chloe Deubner, Erin Kean, Katherine Vitello and Caitlin Daley claimed second in the same event, finishing just over a second later in 1:56.58.
- The Lyons earned the top four spots in the 1000 freestyle, as Lydia DaCorte won the event with a time of 10:54.18. Lucy Frey finished second in 11:49.47, Caroline Genther placed third in 11:59.79 and Emily Reynolds claimed fourth place with a time of 12:01.67.
- Senior Jenna Hayden finished in first place in the 200 freestyle, coming in with a time of 2:00.69. Lawler finished next in 2:06.23 for a second place finish. Hayden went on to place first again in the 100 freestyle with a time of 55.03.
- Wheaton swept the top 3 spots in the 100 backstroke, with Pet claiming the victory in 1:02.54, and Alexa Resetar coming in .23 seconds behind Kathryn Cole's 1:04.00 time.
- Bernardy won another first place award for her performance in the 100 yard breaststroke, as she finished in 1:11.77.
- Sophia Hatzikos, Catie Ebsary and Jesse Stewart finished in first, second and third place, respectively in the 200 butterfly, with Hatzikos recording a 2:25.71 time.
- Sophomore Maddy Morrison picked up a win in the 1-meter dive with a point total of 245.32. Morrison also finished first in the 3-meter dive after claiming 248.92 points.
- Wheaton placed in first through fourth place in the 500 freestyle, with DaCorte's 5:24.69 finish leading the way.
- Wheaton also earned wins in the 50 free thanks to Epstein, the 200 backstroke thanks to Pet, and the 200 breaststroke after Kean finished with a time of 2:36.49.
UP NEXT: Wheaton hosts UMass.- Dartmouth and WPI on Wednesday, January 17 at 6:30 p.m. in Balfour Natatorium.