Jan 17, 2018
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Lyons defeated UMass.-Dartmouth 182.00-38.00 while earning a 144.00-97.00 win over WPI.
- Wheaton had a strong showing in the pool with eight first-place finishes, starting with a win in the 200-yard medley relay. The Lyons 'A' team of Eva Pet, Elizabeth Bernardy, Aleza Epstein, and Maggie Lawler finished in 1:52.66. The Lyons also had a team finish second in the event with a time of 1:54.86 (Chloe Deubner, Erin Kean, Karen Iizuka, and Kathryn Cole.)
- First-year Lydia DaCorte earned two of Wheaton's first-place finishes, with a time in the 1000 free (10:42.05) and 100 butterfly (1:00.22). DaCorte also won the 500 free, touching in 5:13.72.
- Jenna Hayden won the 200 free with a time of 1:59.21, while Cole finished third (2:04.72). Hayden also won the 100 free with a time of 53.36, while Lawler finished in third with a time of 57.66.
- Lawler and Cole finished second and third in the 50 free with Lawler leading the way with a time of 26.00.
- Epstein won the 200 IM with a time of 2:13.87, while Alexa Resetar ended the night with a third-place finish (2:20.17). Resetar's time is a personal best for the senior.
- Maddy Morrison won the 1-meter dive with 252.30 points, while also taking home first in the 3-meter dive.
- Pet won the 100 backstroke with a time of 1:00.76. The Lyons also took home third through fifth place in the event with Deubner finishing in third with a time of 1:04.21.
- Bernardy won the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:11.35, while Kean finished in third with a time of 1:11.51.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 20 at 12 p.m. when they travel to Tufts.