Posted: Feb 23, 2018
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (MIT)
- First-year Lydia DaCorte set a new Wheaton school record in the 500 free during the Friday morning preliminaries, before going to break the record for a second time en route to her first ever New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Championship. DaCorte won the race with a time of 4:55.17.
- DaCorte followed up her solo performance with a second place finish,new school record and NCAA B cut as a part of the 400 medley relay team. The team, which also included Eva Pet, Erin Kean, and Jenna Hayden, finished with a time of 3:49.66.
- The women's 200 free relay team of Alexa Resetar, Aleza Epstein, Maggie Lawler and Caitlin Daley had a solid swim, finishing in fourth place with a time of 1:37.82.
- Epstein finished fourth in the 200 yard IM with a time of 2:08.37, while Caitlin Daley finished fifth in the 50 free with a time of 24.38.
- The Lyons have moved into second place (301) behind the host Engineers of MIT (497).
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 24 for day three of the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Championships.